Indoor space with good lighting does not only beautify the environment but also makes task execution very easy. When lighting levels are too high, low, or inconsistent (shadowy), our ability to carry out task effectively in such an environment is reduced to the barest minimum. This is because poor lighting gives undesirable challenges to people living or working in such places. This light effect can be eyes get tired and/or sore, which can lead to headaches and work mistakes. Furthermore, cheap and poor lighting can make it difficult to make appropriate judgments pertaining to writing, walking, placement of materials, and timing when moving materials, tools, or operating machines being used, etc
- 10 Easiest Countries To Migrate To From Nigeria 2019 – Fastest Immigration Country
- Top 11 Importance of Technology in Education
Common Health Effects Associated With Poor Lighting
- Headache and eyestrain
- Depression (associated with insufficient or gloomy lighting)
- Neck, back, and shoulder strain (while straining eyes to see items due to poor lighting)
- Falling, tripping, slipping
- Dropping materials or tools
The Main Causes of Light Effect
- Insufficient light – not enough light to illuminate the environment
- Glare – too much light for the environment
- Improper contrast
- Poor distribution, and
What Should Your Lighting Do For You
You probably have an idea of what you want your Lighting to do for you. We have below listed, 4 major things you should expect from your lighting.
- Basically, you want it to illuminate your space and give you adequate light.
- You want it to consume low energy making you switch to LEDs (Low Energy Diode).
- You want it to be durable and user-friendly. That is, long lasting, calm to the eyes and does not heat up the place.
- But with Good Lighting, you really can have more than beauty and health.
- 11 Simple Ways How to Whiten Your Teeth Naturally At Home
- How To Recover Deleted Data on Android in 5 Minutes
What Good Lighting Should Do For You?
Good Lighting should make your space come alive and stay alive. It should complement your furniture, shades of your doors, windows and other visible frames or give a defined contrast. This works better when it is able to blend with the surrounding and the furnishings when switched off, and when it comes on, it makes every other furnishings come alive.
Good Lighting should take away that “Empty look” of your ceiling and give us something beautiful to always behold when we look up ( And we are always looking up!).
Good Lighting should also help you make a statement of class. Contemporary chandeliers which could either be Ceiling chandeliers or Suspended chandeliers are not only beautiful to behold (Love at first sight), they also give enough light for a big space. No noise, just presence! Things to consider before choosing a chandelier.
You could also choose to spread the warmth around the space by sprinkling it with alluring Pendant Lighting. Pendant Lighting is a statement on its own. The beautiful part about Pendant lighting is that most times, more than one could be used together in a space to create balance and bring out that effect that you can glow with. Moreover, contemporary designs give you that feeling of wanting to hang it around your neck and walk on the streets with a very big accomplished smile.
Good Lighting should also be able to strategically highlight areas of choice without coming up as too much or too little. An idea where the passage is dimly lit with wall lamps and it opens to a brightly lit opening.
Other than also making your space come alive, making a statement, spreading warmth around the house, highlighting areas of choice, Good Lighting can do much more than what you ask of it. Because it is much more than just light.
Rediscover your light; Light up your imaginations.
Call our Lighting Consultant today for all your lighting needs
David Udoh (08067483904)