Massive ECOWAS recruitment 2018/2019 has begone. The long wait is over for all applicants seeking for a job with ECOWAS. Hurry now and apply for Physics Teacher – ECOWAS Recruitment 2018/2019. We promised to bring you credible in information when the time come, we are doing that through this post. Read on and apply.
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional grouping with 15 Member States in West Africa. Established on May 28 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mandate is to promote economic integration in all fields of activity of the constituting countries.
Member countries making up ECOWAS are Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’ Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo .
Considered one of the pillars of the African Economic Community, ECOWAS was set up to foster the ideal of collective self-sufficiency for its member states. As a trading union, it is also meant to create a single, large trading bloc through economic cooperation.
The ECOWAS Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC), was created by the Decision A/DEC.13/01/05 of 19th January 2005 at Accra, Ghana as a specialized Agency of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
At the 32nd session of the ECOWAS Summit held in June 2007, the Heads of States and Government adopted a new approach to regional integration by approving a new global vision called the ECOWAS Vision 2020. The principal objective of this vision is to move the Community from an «ECOWAS of States» to an «ECOWAS of Peoples» by the year 2020.
Consequently, the EYSDC implements her policies, activities and strategic action plans, as well as the ECOWAS vision in the areas of youth and sports, including the ECOWAS Volunteers Programme. The EYSDC’s objective is to initiate, develop, coordinate and implement youth and sports programmes within the Community. To this end, it works to:
Mobilise the different segments of the population to ensure their integration and effective participation in the social development of the region, as well as the promotion of youth organisations and professional associations to ensure maximum participation in the activities of the Community;
Provide a permanent institutional framework within ECOWAS through which issues related to Youth and Sports activities in the sub-region can be developed and promoted.
Organizational Framework of the Centre
The Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC) is one of the Directorates under the Social Affairs and Gender Department of the ECOWAS Commission. It is based in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso) under the headquarters agreement signed between the Burkina Faso authorities and the ECOWAS Commission.
Decision N° A/DEC 13/01/2005 of 19th January 2005 had adopted the organizational structure comprising of four Divisions (Youth, Sports, Administration and Finance, and TIC). However, since 2008, the Centre has undergone some structural modifications following the transfer of the ECOWAS Volunteers Programme (EVP) from the Political Affairs, Peace and Security Department of the Commission (CPAPS) to the EYSDC, under the Social Affairs and Gender Department.
The EVP is centralized in organisation, but decentralized in its application to allow for flexibility and adaptation to the current realities of each country. The strategic directions, including the formulation of the overall vision, goals and objectives of the Programme, is the responsibility of the Regional Coordination Council (RCC), whose role, among others, is to ensure that the EVP becomes a genuine voluntary arm of ECOWAS.
Being a cross-cutting programme, the ECOWAS Volunteers Regional Coordination Council (RCC) includes representatives of relevant departments of the ECOWAS Commission. The RCC is chaired by the Commissioner for Social Affairs and Gender of the ECOWAS Commission. She is assisted by the Director of the ECOWAS Youth and Sports Development Centre (EYSDC), as Alternate Chairman of the RCC.
The executive arm of the RCC is the Regional Office, provided by the EYSDC in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso). The programme’s regional coordination activities are coordinated by a Regional Coordinator under the supervision of the EYSDC Director. Although the EVP is under the Youth Division of the EYSDC, it is directly supervised by the EYSDC Director for effectiveness.
At the National level, the National Coordination Council (NCC) serves as the national body through which national policy guidelines for the Programme are given. This Council works towards the understanding and entrenchment of the Volunteer Programme in the national environment. It also serves as advisor to the country office, which is responsible for the coordination of the Programme at national level. The NCC is chaired by the Head of the ECOWAS National Office in the country. It is made up of Focal Points/Representatives of the various ministries, Civil Society Organisations, United Nations Agencies and local youth associations involved in the implementation of the Programme at the National level.
Physics Teacher – ECOWAS Recruitment 2018/2019
Category: ECOWAS International Volunteer
Type of Contract: ECOWAS Volunteers Programme. Non-Family Position
Location: Republic of Liberia
Expected start date: 1st September 2018
Duration: One (01) year, renewable (depending on budget availability and satisfactory performance Deadline: 18th July, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
- The ECOWAS Volunteer Physics Teacher will work directly with the Ministry of Education of Liberia and undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Follow schemes of work for Physics at all Key Stages
- Ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support
- Ensure a high quality learning environment within the physics area
- Ensure discipline and encourage good practices with regard to punctuality, behavior, standards of work and homework
- Promote aspects of Personal Development related to Physics
- Update professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology, in general, and in the curriculum area of physics
- Evaluate and monitor the progress of students and keep up-to-date student records as may be required.
- Nigerian Airforce Recruitment 2018-Application/Registration Form
- 15 Uses of Blockchain Technology Besides Bitcoin You Didn’t Know
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in Physics or other related science courses.
Experience and Other Skills:
- At least two years of teaching experience
- Knowledge of post conflict community will be an advantage
- Ability to live and work in remote places.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of initiative and anticipation
- Knowledge of volunteerism is an asset
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Being proactive and enterprising (taking initiative);
- Good computer skills – Office Suite;
- Good inter-personal skills
- Perfect command of the English language (written and oral) is mandatory.
- Knowledge of any other official language of ECOWAS (French or Portuguese) will be considered an asset / advantage
Conditions of Service
- An initial contract for 12 months will be offered with a basic Monthly Living Allowance of 412.5 USD or its equivalent in local currency.
- At the beginning of the assignment, and only where applicable, a settling-in grant will be paid, and a resettlement grant will be provided at the end of the assignment. Where applicable, air transport from home country to the duty station and return at end of mission is also provided.
- A life and health insurance cover for the incumbent of the position will be provided.
- Other conditions of service as stipulated in the EVP Management and Administration Manual and Handbook of Conditions of Service shall apply.
- The position is open to nationals of all ECOWAS Member States, aged not more than 38 years by the date of recruitment.
- An international ECOWAS Volunteer cannot serve in their own country of origin.
- This position is considered a non-family ECOWAS International Volunteer position.
- ECOWAS is committed to promoting gender equality and equity. To this end, female candidates are strongly encouraged.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE (MS Word “docx”) to download the Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an e-mail attachment together with the required documents listed below, to: [email protected]olunteers.org with the title: Application for the Post of Physics Teacher on the subject line.
A signed letter of application/motivation addressed to the EYSDC Director;
A detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting specific skills and experiences of the candidate;
Certified copies of certificates, diplomas and work certificates;
A criminal/police record of less than 6 months.
Most Related Post:
- Obstetrician/Gynaecologist – ECOWAS Recruitment 2018/2019
- Financial Assistant – ECOWAS Recruitment 2018/2019
Frequent Queries Answered by this post:
ECOWAS recruitment process?
ECOWAS recruitment application form?
How Can I Apply for ECOWAS Recruitment 2018/2019?
ECOWAS recruitment 2018 portal?
ECOWAS recruitment 2017 portal?
Is ECOWAS Recruitment real for 2018?
ECOWAS jobs (49 positions)?
ECOWAS Application Deadline 2018/2019?
Where can I obtain the 2018? ECOWAS form?
ECOWAS recruitment 2018/2019?
Is the ECOWAS 2018 Recruitment Form out?
ECOWAS recruitment in nigeria 2018?
When will ECOWAS Recruitment start?
I need ECOWAS Trending Jobs update?